Friday, July 5, 2013

Time to Celebrate the 4th!

Mom wanted everyone there early to hang and play games! They always try to make it fun, which it usually is! If it's one thing the McAdams are all about, it's fun involving games and competition! As soon as we got there, I saw dad in the garage and me and O went to chat. He was already going through the fireworks and I'll have to say that it was the most that he's ever bought!

"Dad! What in the world! Did you buy out a whole stand or something!?!?"

"Well hey there Bree! And how are you miss Olivia?"

"Doing good dad!"

"Me too Mr. McAdams!"

"I bought all these so we can compete with the Russels next door and win this time! I figured that we could all shoot. I think Thomas is coming sometime today to stay a few days. You up for some good ole firework neighbor competition, Olivia?"

"You bet! I love shooting fireworks!"

"Good to hear! Well, these are now all sorted and I have to go back in and help the Mrs. get dinner going and get the grill cleaned and ready. See you girls around!" He walked by me and gave me a kiss just as Luke walked in the garage.

"I bet he never did that to you as Brendan... Hey there.. Olivia!"

"Nope! He sure didn't!"

"Hey Luke. What's up?"

"Not much. What are you two about to do?"

"Swim, maybe. Is the floating goal in the water yet this year?"

"I just put it in! When Tommy gets here we can play some 2 - 2 but until then we can just swim or play 21..."

"Sounds like fun! We'll go change!"

"Yep. Let's go change!"

"See ya in tha pool!"

We went up to my old room and changed and ended up playing a little "purple nurple" on my old bed. With that game, I don't think there's ever a winner. All parties involved end up with sore, red, painful nipples. Fun though... kinda! ;)

We got in the pool, which was surprisingly warm, and started horsing around. Olivia just wanted to swim for the time being so me and Luke played some 1-1 on the floating goal. He won, dammit. He's so much taller than me now! Not too bad though... 15-10... Played one more game... worse... 15-8... We swam a little more and then O wanted to go lay out for a little while. Luke said he would too so we all dried off and headed for some lounge chairs.

Muh legs getting some Florida sunshine!!!
Thomas got there finally, pullin up in his new Defender 90. He came straight over to me, picked me up and threw me in the pool! I was kicking and screaming but he's just too big and strong for me to do anything about it!

He did a hulk pose and then Luke said, "You're sooooo strong Tommy! She weighs like what, a buck 15? Why don't you try to do that to me?"

"Ok! I will!" He walked over and Luke got up and they started to try to throw each other in the pool. Neither one seemed to have the upper hand from my vantage point dog-paddling in the deep-end. They were getting real close to the edge but no one was in yet. Olivia quitely got up and walked over to them. They didn't even see her. She just easily pushed them both in at the same time!!!

Everyone there cheered for her! "I win!" She then took a bow and then did a cannon ball into the deep-end right near me.

"Great job! Well done!"

"Thanks!"

"We played some 2-2 after that. Me and Luke against Olivia and Thomas. It was the closest game ever in McAdams history. We played to 15 and you had to win by two. The final score was... 28-26 in favor of... ME AND LUKE!!! Woo hoo!!! Olivia really surprised me with how good she was! You go girl! Right after the game ended, mom yelled out that it was time to eat.

The food was incredible! Salad with 3 different kinda of homemade dressing, grilled corn on the cob, french fries, burgers, steak, hotdogs and homemade ice cream and a Lemon Meringue pie for dessert! So glad I went to the gym this morning! Now, I'm gonna have to go 5 times tomorrow to work off all this food!

We finished eating and then chatted until we heard something next door... the Russels had shot the first preliminary firework signaling the start of the 2013 McAdams/Russel Fireworks WAR!!! It was on!!!

We got set up fast. We all knew what to do. Battle stations were manned/wo-manned... Mortars were loaded! Rockets set up! Mom had the huge Roman Candles ready. Ready for the first round or Shock & Awe!!! 3... 2... 1... UNLEASH THE MADNESS!!!

We set it off and totally blew away the Russels this year! They never knew what hit them! Here's a pic of the grand finale!





So! As you can see. We really do it up well! The Russels ran out this year about the time we got ready for the finale. They came over and admitted defeat and then we all hung out for a little while.

David made his way over but mostly just hung out with Luke. We did talk, but I could tell he was being a little weird. I wonder if he's seen the pics in the magazine yet... He probably has.

Anyway, we were about to head in. The "kids" always watch Independence Day after fireworks on the big screen ini the den. McAdams and Russels alike! Even David stayed this year. He does sometimes but lately he hasn't.  I love that movie!!!

After the movie, it was time to go. Me and Olivia packed up our things, said our goodbyes and headed out. Dad stopped me and said that mom and him were going to take a vacation and to check up on the place while they were gone. They were leaving Monday night. I told them I would and we were off...

On the way home, as we were pulling in the driveway, I "popped" the question...

"So, Olivia, I was thinking..."

"Don't hurt yourself Breely!" She giggled.

"Ha ha... very funny. Why don't you just sell your apartment and move in? Most of your stuff is already here and you are here like 90% of the time. Just move in already! I'd really like that!"

"I've been thinking about that too, Bree. I just don't know. That's a big step... My old life was at that apartment. I don't know if I wanna give it up yet. Let me think about it and I'll get back to you. Ok?"

"Ok... Yeah, just let me know when you're ready. I'm so tired... Can't wait to get some sleep."

"Me either but I gotta finish this program I've been working on... I might be up all night... You go on to bed and I'll join you when I can."

As we stepped in the door, she headed for the kitchen and her computer and I headed to my bed. That didn't go as I thought it would.

I just woke up and found O asleep on the kitchen table. Woke her a little and told her I was gonna go out and get a few groceries and things. She said ok and moped to the bed... I'm feeling a little down as I write this last part and remember that conversation from last night... :(

Oh well... off to the store with maybe a few tears in my eyes. One good thing is that I'm off today but looks like that will be sucked into the crappiness of the day.

Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment